CoEd Varsity Track
SWOL Pre-screen: All athletes practicing and/or competing must do their SWOL pre-screening prior to practice (T&F - 2:00 pm) / meet (TBA).
All athletes competing in any PWCS sports event you MUST FIRST come to PTHS at a time TBA to get your SWOL check-in by our PTHS athletic trainer(s) as this is a PWCS COVID-19 protocol policy. After our SWOL check-in at PTHS, we can proceed to the designated school where the event is going to be held and our athletes will check-in as a team.
Important - NOTE: Please note the bolded information regarding tryout survey at least 48 hours prior to tryouts information.
Track – 4:00pm – stadium – meet at stadium ticket booth to check-in
Do not arrive any earlier than 10 minutes prior to start time. We will check you in at the time designated above.
All students who trying out MUST:
- Sign-up for a SWOL account www.swol123.net -- directions to create an account can be found at Create a SWOL Account
- Complete a Covid-19 check-in (SWOL) everyday by 12:00pm if practice is before 4:00pm. If practice at 4:00pm or later, check-in is required to be completed by 2:00pm.
- Students will need to complete a tryout survey at least 48 hours prior to tryouts so we can check eligibility. Students will fill out the survey in Canvas or at http://springtryouts.patrioths.com Every athlete must have a physical dated after May 1, 2020, a completed emergency card, and concussion training on file at Patriot High School. Paperwork MUST be turned in to the school prior to the first day of tryouts. Forms can be turned in on weekdays from 9am-3:30pm. If you are unable to turn in the completed forms in person, you can email the forms to email@example.com Students will not be allowed to participate if they turn in paperwork or fill out the survey the day of tryouts.
-The physical form and emergency card can be found at Physical and Emergency Card
-Concussion training is only offered virtually and can be found at Concussion Training
- All Athletes must be wearing a face mask and have a full water bottle to check-in at practice/games
- Locker rooms will not be available so athletes must come dressed
This year will not be like past years due to COVID Guidelines and the safety of our students and staff. Mitigation strategies for each sport that are recommended by the Governor’s Office, VHSL, and PWCS will be followed to ensure the safety of all participants and allow for a successful season.
Brad Qualls, CAA
Director of Student Activities
Patriot High School
10504 Kettle Run Road
Nokesville, VA 20181
Tryout dates: April 12, 13, and 14 (Rain dates - April 15 & 16)
Where: Patriot HS Stadium Track
Time: 4:00 - 5:30 pm
Documents Required for Tryouts:
- Physical dated May 1, 2020 - VHSL Physical - Team Files
- Concussion Training - https://online-concussion.pwcs.edu/
- SWOL Signup (See Team Files) - www.swol123.net
- Student must use his/her email account
- Password –
- SWOL Instructions for Students
- Blue Emergency Card - Emergency Blue Cards - Team Files
Turn in all documents to the PTHS Main Office no later than April 9. 2021 at 2:30 pm
TRACK AND FIELD TRYOUT SIGN UP click here:
- Athletes must complete a daily COVID-19 screening using the SWOL platform by 2:00 pm to tryout and practice each day
- Please join the PTHS 2021 Outdoor T&F
- Download Remind School communication app and type in the following join code: @pths2021o
- This is how Coaches will communicate with athletes about updates regarding practices/meets
What to wear:
- Tryout athletic clothing - Please come prepared with appropriate athletic clothing for tryout in warm/cold weather (long athletic pants, long sleeve shirt, hoodie, hat, gloves, shorts, and t-shirt, including a good pair of running shoes).
- You must bring a mask and bring your own water bottles (minimum of 2x 16 oz. bottles or minimum of a total of 32 oz.)
- Hydration - Hydration is very important. It is important you start hydrating as of now. Tip - Every time you go to the bathroom, drink an 8oz. of water.
- Nutrition - When you workout, your body needs fuel. It is important you eat breakfast and lunch. If you have an early lunch, please bring a snack prior to practice.
- Workouts – April 5 – 11, 2021 you may choose one of the Fartleks workouts and circuits found here in “Team Files”