CoEd Varsity Track
Bus: Wednesday and Thursday 5/23 & 5/24 the bus will depart from Door 20. You will be dismissed from class at 1:15, only on the day you are competing. Every competing athlete must ride the bus to the meet, but you may go home with YOUR PARENT ONLY!!
When: Wednesday and Thursday May 23rd and 24th
Where: Robinson High School - 5035 Sideburn Rd, Fairfax, VA 22032 Admission: General Admission - $7.00 Uniforms: Team members may wear any school uniform issued to them for individual events. In relay events each team member shall wear this school years issued uniform - same color and design school uniform (jersey and trunks). When more than one team member wears other apparel under the jersey, that apparel must be identical.
Information sheet has been posted in "Team Files"
TUESDAY, MAY 29, 2018 @ 6:30 PM
COMMONS II and ADJACENT COURTYARD
We are providing hamburgers/hotdogs/chicken
Please fill Google doc below no later than May 22, 2018 so that we can plan accordingly
*This invitation is also extended to All Seniors who participated in Indoor T & F and not in Outdoor T & F
Good Evening Everyone,
- Rules and Expectations - Please review the Rules and Expectations regarding missing practices, meets, and transportation expectations.
- Meet Schedule - It is important that you review the Outdoor Track & Field meet schedule, and plan around your jobs, activities, clubs, other sports etc... If you have prior commitments on any of those dates, that you can't change, it is essential that you notify us (coaches) now. When we are developing the meet entries we have a limited amount of time and are restricted to the number of entries we can make per event. In entering an athlete, and he/she notifies us within days of the meet, we are unable to fill that spot with another athlete, therefore taking an opportunity from another athlete to compete.
- Transportation/sign-outs - Prince William County School has policies regarding riding the bus to and from meets. These are in place for many reasons, and one being safety and knowing the whereabouts of our athlete while they are in our care. During certain weather conditions, I have the discretion of allowing students to go home with their parents, and all that is required is to have a coach sign them out to their parents. I would like to continue to have this option, therefore please ensure to sign-out your child when this courtesy has been given to you.
Running shoes (trainers) and spikes
Several of you are already experiencing shin splints, which is is an inflammation of the muscles, tendons, and bone tissue around your tibia.
Last Friday we discussed with the athletes the importance of having proper running shoes and spikes. We recommend that they have the following:
- Training running shoe (A specialty running store will be able to assist you in selecting the proper running shoe
- Spikes - Athletes new to track and field we recommend a mid-distance spike. All other sprint athletes need a sprint spike. Long distance runners (3200, 1600, 800) need a mid-distance spike.
Having proper training/spike shoes by April 2, 2018, would be beneficial.
The Running Store (TRS) in Gainesville, but not limited to this store will be able to assist you. In "Team Files" there is a coupon for buying trainers and spikes at the TRS.