CoEd Varsity Track
2019 Patriot High School Cross-Country Team
All Athletes wishing to participate with the 2019 Patriot Cross-Country Team are expected to turn in the following paperwork before starting optional summer practices.
1. All athletes must have an updated VHSL physical (dated after May 1, 2019)-
2. Blue Emergency form: Fill out both sides and have signatures & date from both parent and athlete. *See Team Files for Image
3. All athletes must fill out student information on Eligibility form. * See Team Files for Image
Note from our athletic director:
*Please be reminded that all current physicals (2018-2019 school year) expire on June 30th. The only physicals that are valid for next year are ones that are dated after May 1, 2019. Students can not participate in out of season activities which include weightlifting, conditioning, and sport specific activities without a current physical. So come July 1, only students who have a physical dated after May 1, 2019 will be allowed to participate in out of season activities. You will also need a blue emergency card on file for each student that is participating in these activities. Concussion training is not needed for out of season conditioning but will need to be completed prior to tryouts.*--- Brad Qualls- QUALLSBJ@pwcs.edu
You can turn in this paperwork to Coach Asia as early as June 11th thru June 30th. Our first summer practice actually starts June 11th at 7pm at the Patriot High School Track.
Paperwork due before Tryouts
Tryouts: August 5th thru August 7th at 6pm at Bristoe Station Battlefield Heritage Park.
Qualifying Time Standard: Boys: 15:00 2-mile (7:30 min pace)
Girls: 17:00 2-mile (8:30 min pace)
1. High school students who are entering 9th grade and trying out for a sport for their first time in high school or are new to Prince William County Public schools must attend a face-to-face concussion training with their parent/guardian at one of the county's high schools.
* Face-to- Face Concussion Training at Patriot High School
Patriot High School (703.594.3020) - 10504 Kettle Run Rd., Nokesville 20181
Wednesday, June 5, 2019 - 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday, July 9, 2019 - 6:30 p.m.- **Can go to this after practice. See schedule.**
2. Parents and students who have already attended a face-to-face training may take this year’s mandatory concussion training online. Please submit/print out certificate.
4. All athletes and parents must sign the team rules--*** An Updated Rules & Expectations will be posted to Patriot Pioneers XC Page Soon***
All paperwork must be turned in by Tuesday July 30th, 2019 to Coach Asia at Patriot High School Summer Track Practice. See calendar for schedule.
If any paperwork that is listed above is missing you will not be able to participate in tryouts.
If you have any questions please email both:
Head Coach: Coach Ian Connor- email@example.com
Assistant Coach: Coach Asia Connor - firstname.lastname@example.org
PTHS T&F boys leading by 1 point over Battlefield HS before the last event of the meet. Patriot Boys had to win. Watch how this exciting 4x400 relay ended.
CONGRATULATIONS to our PTHS Girls 2019 Outdoor Track and Field team as they had many strong performances and are the 2019 Outdoor T&F CEDAR RUN DISTRICT CHAMPIONS. Our PTHS Boys T&F team gave a strong performance and are Cedar Run Runner-up.
Fantastic start to our Outdoor Track and Field Season. Congratulation to both the Boys and Girls Track and Field teams as they won the 2019 Battlefield Relay Team Championships. PTHS placed in the top three in 15 of the 18 events. This included:
8 - 1st place finishes
8 - 2nd place finishes
7 - 3rd place finishes