Patriot Pioneers Athletics
Patriot High School
Girls Varsity Field Hockey
Good Morning Everyone!
Can you believe tryouts begin on Monday? I literally cannot. Where did the summer go?? A few reminders about Monday's Field Hockey Tryouts:
- Please meet in Commons 1 on Monday, July 31 at 7:30 am. I will confirm your eligibility at that time, and then send you out to T. Clay.
- To be eligible for tryouts, you must
- Submit completed physical to Mr. Qualls
- Submit completed concussion training to Mr. Qualls
- Submit yellow eligibility slip to Mr. Qualls
- Bring your stick, shin guards, mouth guard, and water
- Bring indoor shoes and turf shoes
On Wednesday 8/2, tryouts will conclude at 10:30 am. Cuts will begin at 11:00 am.
On Thursday 8/3, Patriot is hosting a county wide conference which is messing with practice times. We will meet at 5:00 pm for a team meeting and to distribute gear, and then practice will be from 6-8 pm. Not great, I know.
Don't be nervous for tryouts! We won't do anything insane, I'm not timing you, that's weird. It's going to be just like the practices we have been running all summer, just a little more intense!
Ok if you have any questions before Monday, please let me know! Can't wait to get back on the pitch!
The Fall 2023 season is just around the corner. Please remember:
- All physicals and concussion training documents are due no later than Wednesday, July 26 to Mr. Qualls. You can drop your forms off in the main office or leave them with Coach Ortiz
- Tryouts begin on Monday, July 31 at 8:00 am. Make sure you have your yellow eligibility slip
- All players must attend tryouts to be eligible to roster a team
- Players must bring a stick, a mouthguard, shin guards, and lots of water to tryouts
If you have any questions, reach out to Coach Ortiz!