CoEd Varsity Track
Brian Watkins Invitational - Saturday, March 24, 2018 at Potomac HS, Dumfries VA
The information sheet has been posted on our "Team Files."
Bus: Please be at the Patriot HS track at 7:00 am. Everyone competing must ride the bus to and from the meet
When: Saturday, March 24, 2018
Where: Potomac Senior High School - 3401 Panther Pride Dr. Dumfries, VA 22026
T-Shirts will be on sale.
Starting Time: 9:30 a.m.
We have two upcoming meets, March 24th and March 29th.
- Saturday, March 24, 2018 - Brian Watkins at Potomac High School, Dumfries VA. Please let your coach know by tomorrow if you are NOT going to be available for this meet.
- Thursday, March 29, 2018 - Leslie Sherman Memorial Invitational, West Springfield High School, Springfield VA. This meet is not mandatory, as it is over Spring Break. With all the cancelations it's an opportunity for those who will be around for spring break to compete. Please let your coach know by tomorrow if you are NOT going to be available for this meet.
- Practice during spring break - Weather permitting,Track practice during Spring break will be Tuesday and Wednesday at 9:00 a.m. These practices are not mandatory.
Several of you are already experiencing shin splints, which is is an inflammation of the muscles, tendons, and bone tissue around your tibia.
Last Friday we discussed with the athletes the importance of having proper running shoes and spikes. We recommend that they have the following:
- Training running shoe (A specialty running store will be able to assist you in selecting the proper running shoe
- Spikes - Athletes new to track and field we recommend a mid-distance spike. All other sprint athletes need a sprint spike. Long distance runners (3200, 1600, 800) need a mid-distance spike.
Having proper training/spike shoes by April 2, 2018, would be beneficial.
The Running Store (TRS) in Gainesville, but not limited to this store will be able to assist you. In "Team Files" there is a coupon for buying trainers and spikes at the TRS.
Have a nice evening:)
Good Evening Everyone,
- Wednesday's Cedar Run Dual Meet #2 at Battlefield High School has been postponed in anticipation of inclement weather. This meet has been rescheduled to Wednesday, May 2, 2018.
- Reminder - Cedar Run Dual Meet #1 was rescheduled to Tuesday, April 27, 2018.
- Rules and Expectations - Please review the Rules and Expectations regarding missing practices, meets, and transportation expectations.
- Meet Schedule - It is important that you review the Outdoor Track & Field meet schedule, and plan around your jobs, activities, clubs, other sports etc... If you have prior commitments on any of those dates, that you can't change, it is essential that you notify us (coaches) now. When we are developing the meet entries we have a limited amount of time and are restricted to the number of entries we can make per event. In entering an athlete, and he/she notifies us within days of the meet, we are unable to fill that spot with another athlete, therefore taking an opportunity from another athlete to compete.
- Transportation/sign-outs - Prince William County School has policies regarding riding the bus to and from meets. These are in place for many reasons, and one being safety and knowing the whereabouts of our athlete while they are in our care. During certain weather conditions, I have the discretion of allowing students to go home with their parents, and all that is required is to have a coach sign them out to their parents. I would like to continue to have this option, therefore please ensure to sign-out your child when this courtesy has been given to you.
Lastly, I would like to thank all who have participating in our Mulch fundraiser. There is only a handful of athletes who have not sold 10 bags or made a $50 contribution. You can still place online orders until March 23, 2018. I will also receive $50 contribution until that date. Tomorrow is the last day I can take hard copy form orders.
Once again, congratulations to our Boys and Girls Track and Field team for great performances yesterday at the Battlefield Relays Meet and for both boys and girls winning 1st place.
We sure started our season well!
CONGRATULATIONS PTHS OUTDOOR TRACK & FIELD BOYS & GIRLS 1ST PLACE FINISHES IN OUR FIRST MEET - BATTLEFIELD RELAYS
You not only braved the weather, but you also had great races, jumps, and throws
Thank you to those who step in last minutes to race,
including our wonderful coaches (Coach Asia, Coach Bibb, Coach Fell, and Coach Grant) in the Coaches Relay
JOB WELL DONE!