CoEd Varsity Indoor Track
The Winter Jacket Invitational on Saturday, January 20, 2017 at Osbourn Park High School information sheet has been posted in our "Team Files."
Bus: Departs from the track at 8:15 am. There WILL be a return bus. You are expected to be on the bus to and from the meet unless there are extraordinary circumstances and you have emailed Mr. Qualls.
When: Saturday, January 20th
Where: Osbourn Park High School - 8909 Euclid Ave, Manassas, VA 20111
They are collecting “LIGHTLY USED OUTER WEAR; FLEECES, JACKETS, AND COATS.
ALL COLLECTED ITEMS WILL BE DONATED TO ACTS OF PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY.
- Top and bottom = $50
- Top, bottom, and half tights = $75
- Half tights only = $25
You can pay for your uniform at the link below:
Pictures are Thursday, January 18, 2017 at 2:15 at the Stadium. You will need your uniform in order to be in the picture. Once you have paid for your uniform you can pick them up in my office in room 1020 in the counseling department.
If weather is an issue it will be in the gym.
Tomorrow's (1/17/2018) Cedar Run District Meet #3 has been postponed - Make-up date TBA.
In the event we do have school tomorrow, practice will be in the gym from 2:15 - 4:00 p.m.
I have posted the 7th Annual Mulch Madness Fundraiser Form in "Team Files." Please read all the information on the form carefully as there are some changes. This fund raiser is very important for us to support, as PTHS boosters cover most of our costs. Therefore, it is required that each athlete sells a minimum of 10 bags or contributes $50 cash by March 16, 2018. It is also mandatory that all track and field athletes volunteer to help with delivery on April 7, 2018. Last year due to the great participation of our track and field athletes we were awarded an additional $1000. Mark your calendars for the following days:
Orders due: March 16, 2018
Delivered on April 7, 2018
Friendly Reminder Regarding Bus Transportation:
- We are a TEAM and we will travel as a TEAM!! All athletes must ride the bus to and from meets unless otherwise noted by the coach. This helps build team unity and ensures that all athletes are remaining to cheer for their teammates after their own race and that we are warming up and cooling down as a team. CAPTAINS are “HIGHLY ENCOURAGED” to ride to and from all meet
- If you (the parent) would like to take your student athlete home after the meet/invitational please send an email to our athletic director, Mr. Qualls, at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Tuesday (12pm) before Wednesday meets and Friday (12pm) before Saturday meets.
- Upon receipt from Mr. Qualls he will notify Head Coach Hawk and discuss approval
- You will receive a follow-up email from Mr. Qualls informing you of approval for your student athlete to ride home with you (the parent).
NOTE: No athlete is allowed to drive themselves to and from meets/invitationals. All student athletes must ride the bus to and from meets/invitationals unless approved by Mr. Qualls and Head Coach Hawk.
I have posted documents on our "Team Files" regarding workouts for when we don't have practices and when we are on break, including circuit workouts, and hydration and healthy snack tips. You are not limited to what has been posted. Please feel free to incorporate other workouts, circuits and adjust your nutritional diets accordingly.
Dear Track & Field Athletes and Parents,
It is an honor to be given the opportunity to serve you in the capacity of head coach of a strong and successful track & field program. My hope is to continue the excellent leadership that has already been established. Our goals as a coaching team is to provide the training needed so that our athletes can experience individual growth and have a personal best every time they compete. We are fortunate to already have many athletes with great leadership skills, work ethic, dedication, and characteristics of champions. This ultimately develops a team that desires to succeed at every level throughout our season, and will result in many recognitions, including adding more trophies to our PTHS Track & Field showcase. Your support is always appreciated and we look forward to a successful winter indoor track and field season.