Girls JV Lacrosse
We will be participating in Winter League at South County High School.
Please sign up by December 1st to ensure we have numbers.
This is full field, outdoor games.
- 6 FULL FIELD games all on turf
- Great opportunity to practice the new rules and continue to work on endurance for FULL FIELD!
- 2 - 3 refs for each game
- Reversibles for teams (players get to keep)
- Teams must have minimum of 18 on roster
- Games on Sundays (no Friday or Saturday games)
- Players register for the their team individually - so you as a coach do not need to do anything more than send the email!
- REGISTER HERE: Here is the link to sign up: http://assn.la/Reg/?r=3:149977
Dates: JANUARY: Sunday 1/7, Sunday 1/14, Sunday 1/21, Sunday 1/28
FEBRUARY: Sunday 2/4, Sunday 2/11, Sunday 2/18 – RAIN/SNOW DATE
Winter interest meeting, Thursday, November 16th in room 1404 at 2:15.
We will go over very important information such as
- Try-out expectations and format (including fitness and other tests to be conducted)
- 2018 Game schedule
All interested players should plan to attend. If you cannot attend, please see coach O'Neill on Thursday or Friday.
We will be running fall ball on the following dates.
Friday 9-15: We may not have field space but will find a location to do some type of training from 2:30 - 4:00
Friday - 9-22
Friday - 9-29
October 10-6, 10-13, 10-20, 10-27
Girls Lacrosse - Week 1 Running plan
3-4 days running this week: do not run 2 days in a row. Keep track of your times for the 1.5 mile and your distances for your warm-up and cool down. It will be a great way to track your progress and keep motivation.
10 Minute warm-up: easy jog
Dynamic stretching - 15 yds each (high knees, butt kicks, TT's, Knee hugs, High Skips, Lunges, Slow side steps, Fast side steps, caraoka, sumo's, backpedal, 0 - 100% build for 50 yards)
1.5 miles - moderate to fast depending on how much activity you have been doing. Keep track of your time to compare later. Feel free to send me your time!
Follow with 20 minutes of wall ball - FORM IS IMPORTANT! practice wall ball the way you want to play in a game. High intensity, precision and good form.
10 minute cool down: Easy jog
10 minute stretch